Who are we?
Our website address is: http://staging2.seekingstillnessyoga.co.uk.
Last Updated on 12/02/2021
Seeking Stillness collects personal data via this website in order to provide the information or services you request via cookies and sessions. By using any of our services and/or Seeking Stillness (“Site”, “Website”) you automatically accept to be governed by this GDPR Policy.
As the controller of your data, Seeking Stillness complies with Data Protection laws in the United Kingdom and the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). This GDPR Policy details how Seeking Stillness processes your personal data.
Data We Collect About You
Personal data collected, used, stored and transferred by us may include:
- Identity Data including forenames, last name, date of birth, gender, marital status, and username or similar identifier
- Contact Data including home address, email address and telephone numbers
- Special Category Data specifically medical history and appointment notes.
- Transaction Data including payments made for products and services you have purchased from us. Payments made via this website are taken through Stripe/Paypal and no personal payment data is collected or stored by us.
- Technical Data including internet protocol (IP) address, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology.
- Profile and Usage Data including purchases made by you, feedback and survey responses, and how you use our website, products and services
- Marketing and Communications Data including your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our business partners and your communication preferences
How We Collect Data About You
Personal data is collected by us using the following methods:
- Direct interactions either in person, by post, phone (including call recordings and voicemail), email, videoconferencing or otherwise.
- Automated technologies or technical interactions with our website, by using the web enquiry form, processing Identity, Contact, and Technical categories of personal data.
Who We Disclose Data To
Your personal data will never be shared with third parties, unless required to for emergency/medical purposes.
How Long We Hold Data
We only retain your personal data for as long as necessary. The points below outline how long data is retained, and depends on the reason the personal data is used for:
Transactional Data – 6 years in accordance with UK Tax laws.
Special Category Data – medical history and/or notes taken during treatments will be held for 7 years in accordance with Insurance guidelines.
Personal Information – 2 years from the date you last interacted with Seeking Stillness.
After these retention periods if there is no other on-going client relationship your personal data will either be securely deleted or anonymised so that it can be used for statistical purposes but without any method of identifying you individually.
Your Data Rights
As part of this policy you have rights to:
- Request Access
- Request Correction
- Request Erasure (Where Applicable)
- Object to Processing (Where Applicable)
- Request Transfer (Where Applicable)
- Withdraw Consent
Clients who reside within the European Union retain their data subject rights under the EU General Data Protection Regulation. EU-based clients with queries regarding how Seeking Stillness processes their data can contact our customer support by e-mailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions or complaints relating to how we use your personal data, or if you wish to exercise any of your rights regarding your personal data, please contact our customer support by e-mailing email@example.com or by writing to us. We will respond to you as soon as is possible. The length of time will depend on the type and complexity of the request, but you will receive a response no later than one month from the initial request.